It’s free to visit the museum and our special exhibition gallery. Find us at Lews Castle, Stornoway, HS2 0XS .
- 1 April to 30 September: 10am until 5pm (Mon-Weds, Fri-Sat)
- 1 October to 31 March: 1pm until 4pm (Mon-Weds, Fri-Sat)
The Archive Reading Room is available by appointment from 10:00 until 17:00 every weekday.
The museum and archive building has been designed to be fully accessible – see our list of accessibility features.
- Discover the distinctiveness of the Outer Hebrides, shaped by a unique combination of land, sea and people.
- Youngsters can dress up to perform various island jobs, learn some Gaelic, and enjoy imaginative activities.
- Hear from islanders about the Gaelic language, work, religion, emigration and community.
- View the Outer Hebrides as never before in a wrap-around audio-visual presentation