It’s free to visit the museum and our special exhibition gallery. Find us at Lews Castle, Stornoway, HS2 0XS .
- We are currently CLOSED due to Covid-19
The Archive Reading Room is also CLOSED at present. We apologise for any inconvenience
The museum and archive building has been designed to be fully accessible – see our list of accessibility features.
- Discover the distinctiveness of the Outer Hebrides, shaped by a unique combination of land, sea and people.
- Youngsters can dress up to perform various island jobs, learn some Gaelic, and enjoy imaginative activities.
- Hear from islanders about the Gaelic language, work, religion, emigration and community.
- View the Outer Hebrides as never before in a wrap-around audio-visual presentation